- Skyline has over 65 permits with environmental agencies and is continuously inspected to verify strict adherence to permit requirements. Despite these stringent requirements, Skyline has not paid a single penny due to an environmental violation in more than a decade.
- Skyline has completely eliminated use of chlorinated solvents.
- Skyline has eliminated mercury in all products (except where fluorescent lights are installed as required to obtain energy conservation certification requirements.)
- Skyline has completely eliminated generation of hazardous waste from all production materials. The only potentially-hazardous wastes generated are batteries from our walkie-talkies and fluorescent light bulbs. Both of these wastes are recycled through approved facilities.
- Skyline has eliminated purchasing materials in drums wherever possible to eliminate the cost and potential liabilities associated with disposal of contaminated drums.
- Skyline operates state-of-the-art wastewater treatment systems that treat wastewater to the highest standards prior to disposal. One facility has eliminated all process wastewater discharges.
- Each Skyline factory has a detailed plan on best management practices to prevent contaminants from leaving the facility from storm water discharges.
- Each Skyline factory recycles all process waste materials, including wood, metal and plastic where feasible. At many factories, waste sawdust and drywall is used locally as a soil amendment and for animal bedding.
- According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, Skyline is four times safer than the average manufactured home factory. Better safety translates to a happier and healthier employee and a better product.
- Skyline invites OSHA to perform a voluntary inspection at each factory annually to continue to improve safety performance.
- Skyline has implemented an ergonomics program throughout the company since 1999 to improve worker safety and indentify best practices despite OSHA withdrawing regulations requiring such.
- Skyline has implemented a risk reduction program that has resulted in world-class safety performance. In recognition of this accomplishment, Skyline was requested to participate on the national advisory board of one of the nation's largest insurance companies to indentify, promote, and share continuous improvement opportunities.
We design and build with Green Construction in mind.
At Skyline, our homes are built to maximize energy efficiency.
Find out more about the green features of Skyline Homes.
COPYRIGHT 2010 SKYLINE CORPORATION
All specification, equipment, and prices are subject to change without prior notice. Production of all models is subject to seasonal scheduling. Skyline Corporation reserves the right to improve a model without incorporating these changes in similar models produced at an earlier date. The photographs included in this website may include optional construction features which may or may not be available. Decorative features are not standard but may be available through your local Skyline Independent Retailer. See your Skyline retailer for details.